Mexican Crepe Enchiladas

We love chicken enchiladas. If I made it every night of the week my husband would be happy! Recently my mother gave me an electric crepe maker. I have made crepes a few times for breakfast and the family loved them and ask for them. Another item if made daily would make the hero. My mom found the recipe book and gave it to me and this is a recipe that I thought sounded really good using my crepe pan.

12 corn meal crepes **recipe to follow
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 C chopped green or yellow onions
10 pitted ripe black olives, sliced
1 tsp. salt
1 clove garlic, minced
1-2 teaspoons chili powder
1-3/4 C cubed sharp cheddar cheese

Sauce
1 16oz. can tomatoe puree or sauce
1 6oz. can tomato paste
1 small onion, minced
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. sugar
1 clove garlic, minced
1-2 teaspoons of chili powder

Preheat oven to 350.
1. In large skillet, cook ground beef and onions until onions are soft and meat is browned.
2. Remove from heat, drain excess fat.
3. Stir in olives, garlic, chili powder and 1 cup of cheese.
4. Place 1-2 heaping spoonfuls across center of each crepe, brown side out.
5. Place seam side down in buttered 9x13 baking dish. Pour sauce down center of crepes.
6. Bake 20-25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

To make sauce:
1. Combine ingredients in saucepan.
2. Bring to boil and simmer 10 minutes.
3. Stir in remaining 3/4 C of cheese.
Taste for seasoning, add extra chili powder if desired

Comments