I have this Weight Watchers cookbook from YEARS ago (inscribed on the inside cover "Murphy '89"). And I have only ever used one recipe from it and it is still my favorite. I LOVE sweet-n-sour chicken and this is a healthy recipe!
1 tsp. each of margarine and vegetable oil
1/2 lb chicken, cut into cubes
1/2 C each sliced green or red bell peppers, sliced onion, and quartered mushrooms
1 small clove garlic
1/2 C drained canned crushed pineapple
1-1/2 tsp. ketchup
1 tsp. each firmly packed light or dark brown sugar and cider vinegar
1/2 packet (about 1/2 tsp) instant chicken broth and seasoning mix(never used the seasoning mix)
1 large plum tomato, blanched, peeled, seeded, and sliced (I just chop up a tomato)
1/4 C diagonally sliced scallions
1. Heat margargine and oil together in a skillet until bubbly and hot
2. Add chicken and saute, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 5 min.
3. Add peppers, onions, mushrooms, and garlic and cook until veggies are tender-crisp, about 5 min.
4. In a blender combine pineapple, ketchup, sugar, vinegar, and broth mix and blend until pereed, scraping down sides as necessary.
5. Pour pureed mixture over chicken and veggies in skillet and stir to combine; bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat to low; add tomato and scallions, stir to combine, and cook until flavors blend, about 5 min.
Nutrition Info for those that like to know:
Calories per serving: 249
Protein per serving: 28 g
Fat per serving: 6g
Carbs per serving: 21g